Welcome to Productive People, my blog and podcast series dedicated to learning from productive people who are smashing their goals and getting stuff done.
In this episode of the Productivity Podcast, I talk to Matt Ingot, master freelancer and productive business owner. Matt has a great story and has built a business that supports his lifestyle. In this episode, you’ll learn how Matt used “subtraction” to work less and earn more. You’ll also learn why Matt doesn’t set an alarm to wake up every day and why he doesn’t have email on his phone.
Make sure you head on over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. You can also subscribe via the RSS feed. Are you enjoying The Productivity Podcast? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below with your thoughts and ideas of things you’d like to hear about!
- Could you start by giving us an introduction about yourself and what you do? (2:22)
- Freelancing is becoming more and more popular. Is this is a good starting point for people looking to work for themselves? (3:17)
- Why did you leave the “corporate world”? (4:20)
- What was the transition like when you moved from a “normal job” to freelancing? (5:34)
- How does your business and lifestyle support and balance one another in your world? (8:50)
- What are some of the changes that you made in the way you run your business to be more effective and efficient with your time? (13:13)
- Is there such a thing as being too flexible with clients? (20:50)
- What are the things you do to be more productive with how you run your business? (26:28)
- How many clients make up the majority of your revenue? (31:41)
- Do you outsource any part of your work or use virtual assistants in any way? (33:05)
- What one piece of advice do you wish you’d known when starting your business? (34:30)
- How many hours a week do you currently work? (37:40)
- Could you walk us through your daily routine? How do you balance your different businesses and projects? (44:25)
- Are you a morning person, or an evening person? (47:15)
- What do you do to manage and optimise your energy? (49:13)
- What apps or tools do you use throughout the day? (53:06)
- Do you have any favourite books or quotes you’d like to mention (1:00:00)