Welcome to Productive People, my blog and podcast series dedicated to learning from productive people who are smashing their goals and getting stuff done.
In this episode of the Productivity Podcast I'm doing something a little different – I'm having the New York City based reporter Joseph Fenity interview me (yep, on my own show!). I met Joseph a couple of months ago on Twitter. We got to talking and I found out that Joseph is actually working on a story all about the importance of time and personally he is fascinated by productivity.
Joseph approached me with the idea to interview me on a podcast episode and I thought – “what the heck”. I've been a bit slack on the podcast recently as I've been focusing on getting the Personal Productivity Toolkit out there. So I thought this would be a nice way of getting back into the show.
Make sure you head on over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. You can also subscribe via the RSS feed. Are you enjoying The Productivity Podcast? I'd love to hear from you in the comments below with your thoughts and ideas of things you'd like to hear more about!
- How do you maintain your 40-hour a week “day job” and still make time for this website? (1:37)
- If you don't have enough time for something you make time for it, right? (3:20)
- How do you hold yourself accountable and how important is consistency? (5:00)
- Let's talk about the next couple of months and years. What do you think you'll be doing more of in a few months/years (7:05)
- Let's get personal; you recently got married, how did you meet your wife and what does she think of this whole project? (11:15)
- Did you have a 7-year plan for marriage? (13:05)
- How did you propose? (14:40)
- For you, why is time so vital to understand and why is it so important to use your time wisely? (16:45)
- It's funny you mention, “living in the moment”. How do you balance this with careful planning and organisation? (19:53)
- A lot of people make excuses like “it's not a good time” and really there's never a “good time”. Do you agree and do you find you have to make a perfect time? (21:50)
- Procrastination is a massive issue for lots of people. What do you say to the professional procrastinators who are always running behind? (24:25)
- You're saying you should use your calendar like a to-do list? (27:10)
- You're also very interested in business. Do you know where your audience and your customers are? (28:43)
- What's it like to look at your website stats and see people from countries like Mexico and Italy reading your blog? (30:45)
- It's interesting that you're so organised. Were you like this growing up? (32:35)
- So you've always had this idea to work for yourself in your mind. Have you been excited to create and launch a product to share with people? (35:50)
- What do you say to people listening who are trying to figure out their exit to the next big thing in their life? (37:10)
- So you're saying it's a good thing to be uncomfortable in life? (39:55)
- One of the things I notice about you the most is that say the words “thank you” and “I appreciate” quite a lot. Is gratitude important to you? (42:20)
- What have I not asked you that you think people should know about you? (47:03)
Enjoy the show!