In this video, I discuss the pros and cons of Asana so you can decide if it's the right tool for you.
What is it good for?
- Nice, simple, easy to use project management tool.
- User friendly.
- Has all the essential features a project manager needs (custom fields, gantt charts, dependencies, workload tracking)
- Great replacement for email and managing team communication.
- Pay for what you need. Generous free plan but you can pay for more features when you're ready.
- Good for small, medium or large teams.
- Lots of views (list, timeline, board, calendar) so you can customise it to what you prefer.
What you need to know before you buy
- It lacks some more advanced project management features e.g. snapshots on the timeline, can't report estimate vs. actual in an easy way.
- It's built for everyone and not custom to industries (but can be customised).
- Doesn't have native time tracking.
- Lacks in reporting e.g. graphs and charts.