Welcome to Productive People, my blog and podcast series dedicated to learning from productive people who are smashing their goals and getting stuff done.
In this episode of the Productivity Podcast, I talk to David Mead from Start with Why all about the importance of finding and living your WHY. Your WHY is your purpose and it’s the reason you do what you do. In this episode, you’ll learn why finding your WHY is so important and the implications this has on productivity.
For me, finding my WHY is what helped me to start this website and talk about productivity. My why is:
To develop myself and others so that we can realise our full potential.
If my WHY is to get more out of life and realise my full potential, then productivity is HOW I do this. To learn more, check out the podcast and my conversation with David Mead.
Make sure you head on over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. You can also subscribe via the RSS feed. Are you enjoying The Productivity Podcast? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below with your thoughts and ideas of things you’d like to hear about!
If you haven’t seen this video already, spend the next 10 minutes watching Simon’s very famous TED talk (you won’t regret it):
- Introduction to David Mead and the Start with Why movement. (3:14)
- Who is Simon Sinek and how did the Start with Why program start? (5:10)
- Why should people care about finding their WHY? How does this translate to people feeling fulfilled by the work that they do? (7:58)
- What implications does finding your WHY have on personal productivity? (15:45)
- Does someone’s WHY change over time? (25:35)
- If nature has programmed us all to be biologically the same in this way, why is it then that we can have different WHY’s? (27:32)
- What can people do to start the process of finding their WHY? (32:39)
- When you found your WHY, what impact did this have on you and the way you work? (39:08)
- What are some practical things that we can do to remember our WHY and ensure we live it every single day? (40:44)
- Why does a propeller make you remember your WHY? (43:27)
- Where can we go online to learn more about this stuff and what action do you want people to take listening to the show? (40:50)