Welcome to Productive People, my blog and podcast series dedicated to learning from productive people who are smashing their goals and getting stuff done.
In my opinion, getting up early is one of the best things you can do to improve your productivity and get more out of your day. Personally I get up at 4:45 am and spend an hour working on my side-business before I have to head off to my day-job. It's a great time of the day to get some quality and undisturbed work done. Or, you could use this time to invest in yourself and personal development activities like meditation, reading, journaling or getting some exercise. Either way, getting up just a little earlier and using this time to set yourself up for the day can have huge productivity benefits.
Make sure you head on over to iTunes and subscribe to the podcast. You can also subscribe via the RSS feed. Are you enjoying The Productivity Podcast? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below with your thoughts and ideas of things you’d like to hear more about!
- Jeff, who are you, what do you do and how did you get started writing The 5 AM Miracle? (1:06)
- What was your approach to building your side-business while working a day-job? (5:01)
- Why is productivity important to you and why is it a skill you think people should master? (8:06)
- What was your inspiration that lead to The 5 AM Miracle and why is getting up early so important? (10:31)
- What are some of the most high-impact things that people can do in the morning to get more out of their day? (14:08)
- If someone was going to get started with getting up just 30 minutes earlier, how would you recommend they start? (16:01)
- I notice there's a big shift going on as people think differently about fat in their diet and are moving away from sugar. Could you comment on this and the importance of diet for energy management? (18:51)
- What is your approach to big projects like writing a book? What has your process and routine been during this project? (26:00)
- What are some of your recommended productivity apps? (29:43)
- Do you have any productivity or self-improvement related books or documentaries people should check out? (31:34)