Alfred is an app I've been using for the last 5-6 years and is one of the most common tools I use on a daily basis to do my work.
Alfred is a search tool on the Mac, similar to Spotlight, but on steroids! Here are some of my favourite features:
- You can customise Alfred's appearance.
- Search for files and perform actions e.g. move or copy the file.
- Create your own custom web search e.g. search YouTube or Amazon.
- Easily open new tabs with the bookmarks feature.
- It comes with a clipboard manager which allows you to recover copied text from up to 3 months ago.
- You can create text snippets for things like email templates.
- Open your web accounts and log in using the 1Password integration.
- Run system commands like sleep and restart.
- Create productivity workflows to perform actions e.g. do not disturb, toggle dark mode, currency conversion, create Asana task. You can download many on the Alfred website.